Thursday, March 31, 2016

DAY EIGHT: Vivid brights and quiet stability...

Today I decided to focus on the color pallete I want to use in my magazine. I looked through Pantone to see what the Top 10 Spring Colors are for 2016 and was pleasantly to find this rusty, mustard yellow and lilac grey. These, along with the rose quartz, are my favorite colors which I think would go perfectly for that quirky yet sophisticated vibe. It is very reminiscent of the first layout from my last blogpost and would tie it together very nicely. Obviously, pastels are HUGE for spring, along with florals *cue Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada...Florals for spring? Groundbreaking*
Anyways, I think the page is super awesome and amazing for those designers looking for some new colors to work with.





Also to update on what I'm doing as far as my cover and double page spread, my lovely blogger friend runs a fashion Instagram page and soon to be website called ModBlond and I think it's will be really interesting to talk with someone who's going through the whole process of being a fresh-face among the professionals. I'll be able to ask what are her tips for people who want to do what she does and her inspiration and also personal questions so the audience gets to know her funny and charismatic personality that I know very well. Plus with her being such a close friend, I'll be able to easily schedule a photo shoot with her and plan a lunch date/interview to keep things casual and simple. She also happens to be my friend who is helping me style the model of my front cover. I plan on doing the interview and pictures with my friend this weekend and see when I can work with the model for my cover page. So far, everything is working out perfectly and all that's left to do is pick up a camera and wait until my lights from Amazon arrive (quick shoutout to Amazon Prime). 


No comments:

Post a Comment