Thursday, March 17, 2016

DAY FOUR: Lost

I've been feeling a tad uninspired and unmotivated today to be honest. With spring break right around the corner, I know it's dangerous to continue my lazy ways because there is A LOT of work to be done. Today in class, I had the chance of meeting with my teacher to go over my progress. I'm glad I'm on the right track as far as research and idea wise, but I'm lost as to what the next step is. She suggested I email the fashion designer, which is a little frightening because how do you ask someone successful to give you the time of day for a school project? Luckily, my classmate who is good friends with the designer was able to contact him and schedule to meet later this week (I'm trying my very hardest to contain my excitement and nervousness)

Since then, I've been messing around on Canva to create a general layout for the main cover page. I like the idea of modernism and muted neon colors so I came up with this split image followed by a space for a simple cover line and the edition number in the corner.

For the posing of the model (me in this case), I want it to be fresh and not making direct contact with the camera. I think its much cooler and creative than the typical closed-mouth, smoldering-eyes look. 

As for the title, I've chosen to go with APEX because it is short and not a typical name for a fashion magazine. I think it goes with the overall eclectic theme I'm trying to achieve.

The next step is to research interview questions and try to ask very bold and overall different questions. I hate the overused questions like "Who's your biggest inspiration?" or "What are your next plans?". It's going to be tricky, but the key is to stand out and aim for something out there.

Wish me luck on my next endeavors!
-EMCxx





No comments:

Post a Comment