Monday, April 4, 2016

DAY NINE: Due Date (Winter) Is Coming...

Hello beautiful people! Only 6 days until I have to finalize this bad boy. I've been very productive over the weekend and today as I have finally completed my two-page spread story and the table of contents. All that is left to do is take the picture for the cover page and a cool "Editor's Picks" page that is continued on the table of contents. My idea for that in light of fashion week having recently ended, I wanted to include a personal touch to this edition by having a page for the Editor (aka me) to list and describe all the favorite things from the season and upcoming trends. I want it to be really raw and sort of "messy" so I'm going to be placing all my images and swatches and such on a white construction paper, taking a picture of it and then editing it with a font that looks like handwriting. The project is really coming together and I'm excited to present it to the audience soon. For now, I will leave you with an image of my table of contents since I know it can be quite confusing to process...

Obviously, Kendall will not be on my cover page, but I decided to display an image I thought would most represent the pose and makeup look and background for my cover page. I love the color coordination of the lipstick with the font color and I'm going to try my best to achieve that with mine. As for the index, I wanted it to be simple yet elegant. The pink shows the spring vibe of the issue but the black shows the sophistication I hope to embody.

I'm confident that I'm going in the right direction, as for layout and style and I hope to accomplish the image in my head...See ya soon!
EMCxx

No comments:

Post a Comment