Friday, March 11, 2016

DAY TWO: Maybe I'm lucky????

As the title suggests, I had a brain blast this morning (if you are a true 90s kid you would have caught that Jimmy Neutron reference). I am 110% confident that I want to do a fashion magazine. The feeling is scary, knowing what you want to do and not being able to turn back, but fashion is something I'm constantly involved in and exposed to, so it made sense to just bite the bullet and do something I truly love.

Since I figured out my genre(which was when I woke up randomly at 4:30 in the morning), I can limit my research to all things fashion and beauty. As my sugar high died down from downing a Iced Chai Tea Latte this morning, I suddenly started to panic because what on Earth am I going to do for the cover image!!?!?!?! Sadly, I don't know a Jenner or Delevingne to be my model. So I started thinking and thinking until I decided to ask my teacher because I was fresh out of ideas. She suggested putting an up-and-coming designer on the cover, maybe even a major designer situated in South Florida.

Fast forward to 6th period, when my teacher put us in groups to evaluate each other's progress and give input. When I presented my ideas and thought process, I was happy that my classmates really enjoyed my overall blog layout and aspirations for a more edgy and eccentric magazine. That's when one classmate (shoutout that classmate) told me he was friends with Armanie Smith, the designer behind Astrum Studios based in Miami whose clothes have been worn by artists such as Rita Ora and Post Malone! He even gave me his number to contact him and arrange to meet up and do an interview.

I can't tell you how excited I am now. There are so many ideas I have running through my mind. And the Astrum line is, for lack of better terms, sick. It reminds me of Golf Wang and Odd Future, created run by Tyler the Creator, and they are truly unique and very sporty chic pieces I could see easily at Urban Outfitters.


Hopefully everything will workout and I can start planning my interview questions, the photo shoot session with models wearing Astrium, and everything can fall into place. Now it's time to put together a rough draft of what I want the magazine layout to be and coming up with a title.  Until next time!!

-EMC







No comments:

Post a Comment